Wednesday, November 19, 2008

50 Defends Delay, Predicts Good First Week

@
As we previously reported, 50 Cent's new album "Before I Self Destruct" has been pushed back from a December released to sometime early next year. 50 defended the decision recently at a press conference saying "I decided to push the record back because I have so much more that I want to offer the public as a part of my presentation before I get to actually releasing it," referring to the full length film of the same name included with the album plus a 2nd dvd documentary on Jam Master Jay.

The G-Unit general also knows it's important to have a good first week in sales saying "In hip-hop music the big bang comes the first week," 50 said, continuing "If you set a stronger impression out in the front you can actually win big because people understand that its good enough for them to go out and get it. Hip-Hop artists don't make it to single four if their project isn't successful. They have to hit with the first record."

50 says his first single "Get Up" [watch/listen here], produced by Scott Storch, will help him debut high. "This record, 'Get Up' is actually performing better at radio than 'I Get Money,' than records that I felt like was dead right," 50 says, continuing "So I gotta say that I'm in a good space. I'm just not in a hurry to actually put the record out. I want it to be perfect."

0 comments: