Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Dre Song - "Set It Off"

@
Dr. Dre hasn't rapped on many songs in the last few years but a new song recently leaked that features the doc on the mic. The "Set It Off" remix from Kardinal Offishall features Dre talking about his comeback and assures fans he isn't retiring "I heard a lot of ni--as quittin', but I ain't done," Dre raps. "Ring the alarm/ I make it hotter than hell (hell, yeah!) ... / You clowns know who the crown belong to/ And I can set it off, if you want me to".

The story behind the song goes like this. Apparently after Interscope's head man Jimmy Iovine sent B-Roll footage of the songs video, Dr. Dre got excited and decided to lay his own verse on the song. According to DJ Skee, who leaked the song on his radio show, Dre recorded the verse serveral months ago. "Set It Off" is the next single from Kardinal Offishall's "Not 4 Sale" album currently in stores.



Listen/Download "Set It Off" here.

Source

0 comments: